HERE TO HELP YOU GET EMPLOYEDJOB SEEKERS
SANTA BARBARA COUNTY AMERICA'S JOB CENTER OF CALIFORNIA
Two locations to serve you. Open Monday – Friday from 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM at the following locations:
Santa Barbara | 130 East Ortega Street |(805) 568-1296
Santa Maria | 1410 South Broadway | (805) 614-1550
Due to the COVID-19 Stay-at-Home orders, the America's Job Center of California (AJCC) facilities in Santa Barbara County are currently closed until further notice. Remote employment and training services are available by calling 805.568.1296 or 805.614.1550.
Basic Career Services
The America's Job Center of California is a direct link to resources that help adult and youth job seekers choose and pursue careers. Basic Career Services are available to all Santa Barbara County residents, regardless of income or background—at no cost to you.. Visit a location near you to gain access to:
- Use of computers, printers and fax machines
- Help with resumes and interviewing
- Job listings and employer information
- Employee recruitments
- Information on careers and growing occupations
- On-the-job training and skill certifications
- Career workshops
- Assistance with tuition and books
Virtual Basic Career Services
Job seekers have convenient access to job search and placement assistance, workshops and other support services at no cost through:
1. Live Sessions – link to calendar to click and expand
2. Pre-recorded/View Anytime – Visit our YouTube page at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7LKww4RglSJVale9PEbkxA
• Allan Hancock College, Career Academy: https://www.hancockcollege.edu/careeracademy/.
• SBCC School of Extended Learning: https://www.sbcc.edu/extendedlearning/
• Equus Workforce Solutions: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8NlryJjd_CJVlToVGFqGyA
4. For updates, follow us on social media
CalJOBS is a comprehensive employment services website, providing online employment services for job seekers and employers. Resources are available to research information on employers, career choices, job listings, and training and education resources.
Eligible Training Providers List (ETPL)
California's Eligible Training Provider List (ETPL) provides customer-focused employment training resources for adults and dislocated workers. The statewide list includes qualified training providers who offer a wide range of educational programs, including classroom, correspondence, online, and apprenticeship programs. Click here for instructions on how to access the ETPL.